Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Not a Fan

Last week, I read Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman in preparation for a study we are having at the church in the coming weeks.  I had heard great things about this book and I was not disappointed.

Idleman basically frames the book as a time to sit down and define the relationship between you and Christ.  The book forces you to think through the question, "Am I a fan or a follower?"  Do I really like Jesus and what he does from a distance?  Or is my entire life centered around him?  Is he my Lord or someone that I really look up to?

The questions in this book are challenging.  Honestly asking them of yourself can be difficult.  We need to ask these questions, though.  Whether or not we are committed followers of Christ is the most important thing we have to consider.


4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment